- Category: History
- Hits: 3772
Washington, D.C. and the surrounding area is steeped in railroad history. The first railroad came to town before the Civil War when the Baltimore & Ohio arrived. There are literally hundreds of volumes of information on the rich and storied history of railroading in this area. Our library is a focal point for our Chapter's information on Washington, D.C. area railroads. We have also compiled some information here that is of general interest.
- East Washington Railway
- History of the Long Railroad Bridge Crossing Across the Potomac River
- Washington, D.C.'s Benning Yard - A Brief History
- District of Columbia Railroad Landmarks
- Timeline of Washington, D.C. Railroad History
- Wreck of the Federal Express
We welcome additional contributions to this section.